Our Southwest Colorado Tours
As the premiere libations tour provider in Southwest Colorado, we serve it up right! Cruise through the heart of the San Juan Mountains on a full day Million Dollar Brewery Tour, or stick around Durango and book our Happy Hour Durango Brewery Tour. If craft beer isn’t your thing, we offer a high desert winery tour that visits two unique and diverse vineyards in McElmo canyon, which is considered to have one of the largest concentrations of archaeological sites in the United States. Eat your heart out Napa!
If your thirst is quenched, allow Southwest Colorado to stun you with never ending panoramic views and join us on a scenic tour. We offer a half day Million Dollar Highway Tour connecting you to Ouray via the infamous Red Mountain Pass. We can work around the train schedule enabling you to package both and make the most efficient use of your time. Or spend a full day traversing the entire historic San Juan scenic byway on our San Juan Skyway Tour, see the charming mountain towns nestled in the San Juan Mountains, cross four 10,000’+ passes and catch a ride on Telluride’s one-of-a-kind Gondola for spectacular photo opportunities.
Million Dollar Highway Tour
1-2 Guests: $349
Additional guests: $40/ea
Length: ~4.5 hours (AM + PM Availability)
- A true traverse of the infamous Million Dollar Highway
- Visit Ouray, referred to as the “Switzerland of America”
- Visits to historic ghost towns and mining areas (weather dependent)
- 10,000’+ mountain passes, keep those cameras out!
Tour Does Not Include:
- Train tickets
Unlike other tours offering a ride on “Million Dollar Highway”, we take Red Mountain pass into Ouray via the true section of the Million Dollar Highway. This tour is an excellent compliment to a trip on the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. It also makes for a great alternative to a round trip train ride or bus transportation, or serves as a great stand alone adventure!
If you’ve wanted to see the Million Dollar Highway for yourself and aren’t too keen on navigating it yourself, kick back and allow us to show you the sights in safety and comfort! We’ll handle the driving so you can keep your eye on the views, visit ghost towns and mining areas, see waterfalls and wildlife, and learn about the wild west history of the region.
San Juan Skyway Tour
1-2 Guests: $599
Additional guests: $75/ea
Length: ~8.5 hours (9 AM – 5:30 PM)
- A complete loop of the historic San Juan Scenic Byway
- Scenic overlooks for photo opportunities
- Four 10,000′ passes
- Historic ghost town and mining areas (time and weather permitting)
- Ride the Gondola in Telluride
- Savory breakfast burritos with homemade tortillas from Machos*
- Gourmet lunch from Bread*
Please let us know of any dietary restrictions when booking.
$3.75 surcharge per person.
The San Juan Mountains are some of the youngest mountains in the world, and some of the steepest due to the small amount of time nature has had to erode them down. They cover roughly 12,000 square miles and the mean elevation is roughly 10,000′. Take in their beauty first hand as we cover all 233 miles of the historic San Juan Scenic Byway, with spectacular views of waterfalls, mountains, wildlife and more!
Throughout the day, your guide will bring the wild history of this majestic region to life through historic lore and tales, or choose to take in the views while listening to your favorite tunes on satellite radio.
Durango Brewery Tour
1-2 Guests: $249
Additional guests: $65/ea
Time: ~4 hours (5:30 PM – 9:30 PM)
- Visits to four unique and fantastic craft breweries: Ska Brewing, Carver Brewing, Animas Brewing Company (ABC) and Brew.
- Taster flight from each brewery, for a total of 69 oz beer per guest.
- Ska: 15% off of merch.
- Brew: 15% off merch and food.
- ABC: $7 pint and pint glass special.
- Gratuity at each venue
- Cooler available to keep purchases chilled.
Check out the best happy hour in Durango! Visit four of Durango’s craft breweries for samplings of our town’s most delicious beer. Even if you’ve already had a packaged product from one of the breweries, now you have the chance to drink straight from the source, and sample seasonal and small batch brews that found only at the tap rooms. Let us do the driving so you can enjoy the drinking!
Each brewery also has an incredible kitchen, so check out their menus and grab a bite to eat during this tour.
Staying within 5 miles of Durango? Your pick up and drop off is included. Outside of 5 miles? Ask us about a highly discounted transportation rate!
Southwest Colorado Winery Tour
1-2 Guests: $449
Additional guests: $90/ea
Length: ~7 hours (10:00 AM – 5 PM)
- Sample wines in McElmo Canyon, the Canyon of the Ancients
- Stops at two distinctly different vineyards
- Samples of entire collection, glass of wine, vineyard tour and 10% off purchases at GuyDrew Vineyards
- 4 samplings, a barrel tasting, glass of wine and vineyard + farm tour and 10% off purchases at Sutcliffe Vineyards
- A complimentary hot chocolate, espresso or gourmet truffle at Animas Chocolate Company
- Due to lack of pavement, consider bringing appropriate footwear.
If you love wine and want a change of scenery during your visit to Durango, this is the tour for you! We are excited to introduce you to two premiere and distinct vineyards based out of Southwest Colorado in the beautiful and remote McElmo Canyon.
We’ll pass Mesa Verde and head into McElmo Canyon to Guy Drew Vineyards for samplings of the full range of wines available for the current season. Then enjoy a full glass of your choosing on your personal tour of the vineyard.
Then we’ll visit the farm at Sutcliffe Vineyards, where you’ll sample more wine, enjoy a vintner’s choice straight from the barrel, and a full glass to enjoy while led on a tour of their vineyard and farm.
Back in Durango, our last stop will be Animas Chocolate Company for a complimentary espresso or truffle, while browsing all their gourmet chocolate offerings made right on site!
A credit card on file is required to complete your reservation, just like a hotel. Here’s some information to help you avoid fees:
- We charge a flat rate of $150 for deep vehicle cleaning.
- $10 for every 15 minutes of driver wait time. (This excludes pick ups at the airport.)
- 100% of the service amount for no shows, cancellations made after driver is en route, or within 24 hours of service.
- 50% of the service amount for cancellations made within 72 hours of service.
Good communication can prevent most fees. We know travel can be hectic, especially in and out of the mountains. If something comes up that disrupts your travel plans, contact us ASAP and we’ll do our absolute best to work with you. Our availability during holidays and major events is limited, so please book early. Cancellations made inside 14 days of significant dates will be charged the full service amount unless we are able to rebook that date.